Great Plains 3d Animation

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Plains Technology Center of Lawton Oklahoma 3d Animation and Game Design Class Forum

4 posters

Hunting The Wii

Poll

Is the Wii's console life in trouble?

[ 0 ]
    Hunting The Wii I_vote_lcap0%Hunting The Wii I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Hunting The Wii I_vote_lcap43%Hunting The Wii I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Hunting The Wii I_vote_lcap29%Hunting The Wii I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Hunting The Wii I_vote_lcap28%Hunting The Wii I_vote_rcap [28%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Aowens
    Aowens

Hunting The Wii Empty Hunting The Wii

Post  Aowens Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:46 pm

*Disclaimer: Before I say anything, this topic is about more than just the Wii and more than just Monster Hunter 3~tri~. This is about the Wii's acceptance into "hardcore" gaming lifestyle. I am prepared for a civil discussion regarding ideas and points of view, so no flaming, raging, or unkind words please. Thank you.*

All of us know that the Wii is looked down upon. Argumets of "it's a kiddy console" to the derogatory term of "waggle controls" to even its "sucky graphics" have popped up everywhere, but the biggest complaint is that it only has "kiddy games".

This, fellow gamers, does not sit well with me. More than a few games released to the wiii have been aimed at hardcore audiences, but they have not seen this due to the system itself. According to them, all of these games stink because they are on the Wii - no graphics, no controls, no fun. But, I disagree. No More Heroes, MadWorld, House of the Dead: Overkill, Okami, and The Adventures of Zack and Wiki have all proven themselves to be made for hardcore audiences. The latter, which while it is aimed at children, has tightened controls and puzzle solving to match any puzzle-gamer's brain. Even the latest "hardcore game", Monster Hunter 3~tri~ is being looked down upon.

More than one topic has been created on it's GameFAQs boards about how "it's going to stink because it's on the Wii", and questions of "why isn't this coming out on a real console?". Some argue that Capcom just made a marketing decision to develop it for the Wii, but I believe it is something more. I believe they are going to prove that the Wii can be for hardcore gamers, but only if the gamers give it a chance. Also, to counteract any other arguments, Capcom has proven itself that it can (for the most part) make games. Good games. Devil May Cry, Oni-Musha, Street Fighter, MegaMan, and others have all come from them, yet the most successful is Monster Hunter. So, to prove it's worth, I shall give a breakdown (and a trailer) of MH3's properties to counteract what we think the Wii's weaknesses are.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT7HqEfHCDs (wait for the whole thing to play - surprise ending.)
    Simple Concept: Hunt and kill (or capture) giant creatures, use their parts to make better weapons and armor, hunt bigger, more powerful creature, repeat ad naseum.
    Graphics: Astounding. Watch the trailer.
    Controls: Wii-mote + Nunchuck, and classic controller compatible.
    Sound: Fitting, epic music. (As always, with Monster Hunter)
    Multiplayer: Simultanious 4-player online co-op, or 2-player splitscreen co-op arena battles.
    Online: No friend codes. City-scape online hub housing 20(?) players at one. If you want someone's info, trade Guild Cards (just like every other MH game). Keyboard is compatible for sending messages.

What is everyone else's take on this? Please comment.
    Aowens
    Aowens

Hunting The Wii Empty Re: Hunting The Wii

Post  Aowens Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Does nobody have a thing to say about the topic? I'd like some input, even if it is just about Monster Hunter, which is a very awesome game series.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I've only played Monster Hunter for the PlayStation 2.....btw it was an awesome game
    AlexanderE
    AlexanderE

Post  AlexanderE Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:07 am

I Could very well see the Wii becoming a "hard core" gaming console maybe farther in its lifetime but at the moment no i actually have to vote the Wii down. Its not "my" choice of them all i pick the 360 but thats just because there are not many games for the Wii that are eye catching for me and i am suprised not many people have replied.
    rnavorska
    rnavorska

Post  rnavorska Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 am

if at all possible the wii could create a brute type battle game. almost like they did with zeldas stuff.. but i really dont see it becoming a really good gaming system untill then.. and then if you think about it.. no one has really put the wii to the test. i may be wrong but i think that if they made a game that used all of the wiis power. it could show off all other game systems. just saying...
    brandonW
    brandonW

Post  brandonW Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 pm

tl;dr

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:26 pm